Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mamma has some new shoes!

Yesterday I went to the local running store to get my new sneakers.  I am so glad I actually went there and didn't just go to any store to pick up whatever sneaker I would normally get.  It was actually very educational for me.  I found out that I have a high arch, my left foot is 1/2 inch bigger than my right, my foot is considered wide and I tend to walk with my weight on the outer portion of my foot.  I also found out that you're supposed to be wearing a 1/2 size bigger in athletic shoes than you were in your dress shoes.  All that being said the shoes I was wearing was too small, which is probably why I've been getting shin splints the past few weeks.  I haven't posted about them in hopes that they would go away.  The guy brought out 3 shoes for me to try on.  I ended up going with Women's ProGrid Ride 3.
When I was walking around the store they felt so comfortable.  I am in love.   While at the store I also picked up 2 Balega Endro running socks.

















On Friday my BondiBands I won from the Runner...Maybe giveaway arrived in the mail.  Now I'm all set with new gear for my next run.  I'm hoping to be able to get an outdoor run in today.  If not, then definitely tomorrow morning at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment