Thursday, February 24, 2011

Last night was another rough night in the realm of sleep due to the little one's cold, but I managed to get to the gym today FINALLY!  I myself am not feeling 100% due to some congestion, so I decided when I was getting ready to go that I would just take it easy and not run today, but just do the elliptical. Sadly, what used to be my great workout (the elliptical) is now my easy workout.  I even wore my glasses, which I hate wearing on the days I run.

When I got to the gym I hopped on the elliptical and was just staring at the treadmill. Finally I gave in to the urge and stopped the elliptical at 25 min and headed over to the treadmill for a little run.  Since time was running short I decided to work more on speed than distance.  I ran the first mile at 5.5.  Once I hit that mile mark I upped it .1 every 30 seconds.  I ended up running for 15 min, then did a 5 min walk cool down for a total of 45 min cardio.  After cardio I worked on upper body and some core strength training.

Last night for dinner we had one of favorites because it is so easy to make and I don't have to fight the oldest to eat because he loves pancakes.  We had breakfast for dinner.  Pancakes and turkey sausage.  The turkey sausage was 1 pt each and very delicous!  I use the Betty Crocker recipe when making pancakes.  One thing I love to do when baking, because I love to bake, is substitute some of the more unhealthy foods for foods that are healthier.  When making pancakes I substitute applesauce for oil.  You can learn more about how to do that here.  I like to use the unsweetened natural applesauce.

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do". - Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment