Saturday, January 7, 2012

Is it really January?

I have been absolutely enjoying our winter so far.  This past week we did have some cold weather with a dusting of snow and highs in the 20's, but for the most part it has been mild.  Last year at this time we had over a foot of snow and was expecting more.  Today the temperature was almost 60!  I took advantage of the weather by waking up and lacing up the shoes for an outdoor run.  The temperature was probably in the upper 30's/low 40's so not unbearable.   I always said I wasn't a fan of running in the cold because I really dislike the cold.  If I could pick up and move to a warmer climate I would in a heartbeat.  But after this morning's run, I told my husband that as long as there isn't snow on the ground I plan on running outside on Saturdays.  The cold, brisk air really feels like it's cleansing the lungs.  I felt so fresh afterwards.  So that was my big accomplishment of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment