Thursday, June 7, 2012

Change of plans

Last night didn't go exactly as I had planned.  I got to the gym early enough for kickboxing, but then saw the time was changed to 7:15 which would mean that it wouldn't be over before the 8pm zumba class.  They were having an outdoor class and I didn't have my watch to be able to skip out in time to make it to the beginning of zumba.  so I chose to head to the cardio area for some machine work.  I did the Arc trainer for 1 hour and headed to the room where zumba is held, to find out that there was only the 7pm class that day rather than a 7pm and 8pm class.  I've had a very stressful week at home with the kids and was not ready to head home yet, especially to get home right at bedtime routine.  So I decided I needed to run out some of my frustration/anger.  The sun was still up but was starting to make it's way down so an outdoor run at the park would have had to been a short quick one.  I pass my regular gym on the way home so I decided to stop there for a run (I really dislike the treadmills at the other gym).  My goal when I got there was 3 miles.  Around 2 miles my ankle/shin area started to tense up.  I should probably have this checked out sometime but it's been going on for YEARS (as in over a decade).  All I have to do is stretch it out until my ankle area pops then all is well.  So I hopped back on the treadmill.  As I got closer to 3 miles I thought - Why not go for 4?  I was getting into that groove you get once everything is warmed up.  4 miles approached and I thought - heck what's another mile?  So I continued to 5 miles then walked the rest until the treadmill stopped at the 60 minute point when it automatically shuts down.  I was one red faced sweaty mess, but good golly did it feel good.  I haven't run 5 miles in a while - I forgot that feeling you get once you're one with a decent run.  So even though I didn't have the fun zumba class, I got my exercise therapy in and am already having a better day today than any other day this week.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME JOB!!!! I can't beleive you left one place to go to another gym to workout. You rock!

    ReplyDelete