Monday, March 19, 2012

One week down

Today marks the 1 week from the start of doing the 17 Day diet.  And the week begins with a happy weigh-in - 159.2.  So 8.2 lbs gone.  Like I said last week, part of the reason for that high weigh-in was bloat, but I FEEL so much thinner this week!  A typical day during this cycle for me is:

breakfast - 2 eggs with veggies
snack - yogurt
lunch - tuna with tiny bit of mayo (or chicken leftovers) & salad
snack - apple
dinner - chicken & some kind of veggie combo or something made with ground turkey

I added sauerkraut to a few meals.  I also count out a serving of red grapes at the beginning of the day that I grab whenever I feel the need to munch.  If I'm still hungry at a part of the day I dip some carrots/broccoli/cauliflower in low fat ranch dressing.  Oh and iced coffee.  Coffee-Mate Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel creamer has helped get me through the sweet tooth cravings.  Yesterday I did have a few Pop Chips.  I consider having a few compared to devouring a bag quite a success. :)

I took a 'During' picture the other day for a comparison.  I like doing comparisons because at times I don't feel like my work is paying off (especially when the scale becomes stagnant).  So looking at pictures I'm able to point out where progress is being made.  Here's the comparison I did in October:

and this was Saturday night (I'm starting to get a butt!):
Friday I treated myself to an afternoon of getting my hair cut and highlighted.  Oh it felt so great!  Before kids, I would do this on a regular basis.  Sadly, this was my first time getting it highlighted in over 3 years.  What a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment