Monday, November 7, 2011

10k Results

Well I survived, which is always a good thing.  I had to do some run/walk intervals towards the end, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself.  Official chip time - 1:12:46.  So now I have a goal to beat and do better next year.  

Here I am waiting for the opening ceremonies.  Carl Lewis was a speaker for the ceremony.                                                                 
It was a chilly 43 degrees when we got in the van at our house to leave.   By mile 1 the gloves came off and bondi band came off the ears.  At about mile 2.5 the long sleeve shirt came off.  I get so hot when I run.

I ran with a friend of mine for half the run, but we got separated at a water station.  Here we are at the 3 mile marker.  This was pretty much at the end of the bridge portion of the run.
And here I am coming in at the finish line.  Definitely not a flattering picture with the shirt around the waist, gloves shoved down the waist band of my pants.  At this points I was excited to see the clock time because I was thinking it was later than it actually was.

And here I am with my finishers medal.  
My first medal woohoo!





















So I can now say been there, done that.  Right now I have my eyes on doing the Philadelphia Rock 'n Roll Half.  It's in September right after my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment