Friday, November 11, 2011

Creeping in the room

This morning my alarm went off and I got up to get ready for the gym.  I forgot to grab a long sleeve shirt for my drive there and I knew it was too chilly to just wear a tshirt since my dog was up at 3am wanting to go outside.  So after I was all ready I tried to creep in the bedroom to grab a shirt.  This was the conversation between me and my husband.

H - "Hey do you have a second?"
M- "For what?"
H- "To chat."
M - "Um ... is it really that important?"
H -  "I took today off so I don't have to go to work?"
M- "Seriously?  You couldn't have told me that last night before I went to bed and set my alarm?"

So thankfully I did forget that shirt, otherwise I never would have known I could have actually slept in.  Men sometimes I tell ya! :) Luckily I was able to fall back asleep for a little while longer before the boys woke up.

I enjoyed a nice morning at the gym.  I hopped right on the treadmill and did a 5 min warm up walk.  My goal was to run 3 miles.  I ended up doing 5.  I think I finally figured out my key to treadmill running.  Normally I just listen to whatever is on tv.  Today I covered up all the info for the treadmill (time/distance) so I wasn't obsessing over that.  And instead of listening to the tv, I just watched what was going on and listened to my favorite morning radio show.  It really made the time go by quick.  I only stopped to walk briefly while I was fooling around with my phone trying to get the station set since I figured this out about 20 minutes in.  So I'm really excited about this revelation.

I actually felt great during the run and not like I was going to die.  I contribute that to 2 reasons.
1) Hydration - For the past week I've been drinking at least 1 gallon of water every day.
2) Good foods - I started to count calories again this week using My Fitness Pal.  Along with counting calories, I've been focused on what I've been eating by eating more protein and less carbs/gluten (kind of following the Eat Right for your Blood type theory).  Chocolate Gluten Free Chex cereal has been my savior for my sweet tooth this week!

If you're looking for more great fitness/health blogs - check out the Fitness Friday Blog hop in the sidebar!

9 comments:

  1. love finding new workout/healthy living blogs! I gotta get back to drinking water the way you do...thx for the motivation :)

    Oh and I'm trying to follow you, but blogger is acting up-ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a lot of water! I need to do a lot better than I've been doing.
    I also use myfitnesspal. Such a great app! I love the barcode scanner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you like the my fitness app? i've been using the livestrong one and it's just so so. new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you say that you didn't feel like you were going to die. I think that drinking water is a huge contributor! It's also always nice when you don't feel like dying on a run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at "creeping around the room". I try to make sure I have everything out the night before but every now and then I change my mind or forget and have to creep. Frankly, I find it stressful to try and get what I need without waking up my husband LOL

    I have found that hydration is key to so many things! Great workout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - men! :) i have a love/hate relationship with treadmill running...if i can make it the first 15 minutes, i'm good to go! I'm a new follower from the Friday Fitness Blog Hop! love to have you visit www.get-fit-naturally.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - men! :) i have a love/hate relationship with treadmill running...if i can make it the first 15 minutes, i'm good to go! I'm a new follower from the Friday Fitness Blog Hop! would love to have you visit www.get-fit-naturally.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so funny :) And I agree, sometimes (or often) covering up all those stats make a workout easier and less stressful. Good for you for getting 5 miles in! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courtney - I love myfitnesspal, though I haven't used any others besides Weight Watchers to compare it to. But I've had success using it.

    I didn't know about the barcode scanner. I'll have to check into that!

    Welcome to all the new readers!

    ReplyDelete