Thursday, April 19, 2012

This week the boys and I started our garden from seeds. I won a GrowUms kit from a friends blog contest.  If you have kids and a garden, these are really cute.  We ended up with the Salad kit which includes seeds for Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes.  We had already picked up seeds for a different lettuce variety, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini and green peppers.  Another friend's daughter was selling GrowUms for a school fundraiser so I ordered the herb kit.  That will include Oregano, Cilantro, Parsley and Basil.

We've had success with growing everything before (except carrots this is our first year for that) so I'm pretty excited to be able to go in the backyard for much of my produce.  I really enjoy getting the kids involved in gardening because they can see how fruits/veggies grow and they often enjoy eating the food more when they take part in growing it!

1 comment:

  1. You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete