Friday, October 28, 2011

Eat Right for Your Blood Type

My mom sent me this site last night.   A co-workers wife recently started seeing a new aged type doctor who recommended this diet.  I haven't looked at it in full detail - just skimmed the 'O Type' since that is my blood type - but I do have to say that much of what is said describes me.  A few highlights from the home page:

Type O-People with type O blood fare best on intense physical exercise and animal proteins and less well on dairy products and grains (check), says Dr. D'Adamo. The leading reason for weight gain among Type O's is the gluten found in wheat products and, to a lesser extent, lentils, corn, kidney beans, and cabbage, Dr. D'Adamo explains. Ideal exercises for Type O's include aerobics, martial arts, contact sports, and running (running really is the best workout for me).

Type O's are the most likely to suffer from asthma, hay fever, and other allergies, (check, check, check.  Luckily they haven't been bad in long time though!)

So now I'm thinking of going very low on the gluten in my diet.  I have already noticed in the past that I lose the most weight when I lower my carb intake, but gosh I love my carbs.

1 comment: