Monday, December 19, 2011

Surviving the holidays

I think I can honestly say I have been doing a pretty good job at surviving the holidays and not gaining the weight that I have gained in the past.  Of course getting a horrible head cold last week helped as I hardly had an appetite.  What else has helped is knowing my limitations.  I have ZERO will-power when it comes to my favorites.  Normally I host a cookie exchange and all the cookies (6 dozen!) are gone very quickly.  I normally also attend another cookie exchange which takes the cookie total up to 11 dozen plus whatever I make with the boys.  This year I said no to all of the above.  No cookie exchanges at all for me.  The one I couldn't attend anyways due to prior obligations anyways, but it has been nice not having that temptation in the house.  I did make these easy Peanut butter cookies last week with the boys and will make some kind of cookie on Friday in case the boys decide to leave cookies for Santa.  Right now they're opting to leave popcorn and milk.  And speaking of Santa, did you know he's going to be on the next season of Biggest Loser?

1 comment:

  1. I opted out of our cookie exchange as well! I'm really not a big cookie eater but if they are here I'll eat them so this year I just said NO!

    ReplyDelete