Thursday, February 23, 2012

trying something new

So this week I'm trying something new and not counting calories.  Instead I am just eating when I am hungry.  I feel like when I count calories I'm obsessed with food.  I'm constantly thinking about what I can eat next to stay within my calorie range (either high or low depending on my workout).  So I'm taking a break and following the lead of my body.  Oh it's noon?  Time for lunch!  Oooh 2:30?  snack time!  The only meal I am eating even if I am not hungry is dinner, because we do dinner as a family.  I have a hard enough time some nights getting the kids to eat dinner that I need to be the example.  When I am eating, I'm trying to make conscious choices of natural foods with little processed foods.  I guess it's my own spin on what I've read of the paleo diet.  I also found a just that holds 1 gallon of what so I've been making sure to drink enough too.  So we'll see how this works and see if I can finally get passed these numbers I keep jumping around on the scale. 

1 comment:

  1. when i was in college I had to record everything I ate for 3 days....I was shocked at all the mindless eating I was doing!!!

    ReplyDelete