Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You get stronger

This morning I woke up and headed to the gym.  I felt like I needed to run so I did a bike warm-up then headed over to the treadmill.  My goal was to do 30 min of running.  I started out at 5.2, which seems to be my pace when I run longer distances.  When I got to the end of the first mile, I felt like I was running too slow.  Like my head was always 2 steps ahead of the pace my legs were moving.  So I kicked it up to 5.3.  Still felt that way.  Kicked it up again, 5.4.  The last 10 minutes I kicked it up to 5.5.  That felt like the pace where I needed to be.  When I got close to the 30 minutes I asked myself why stop at 30 minutes?  Yes I should leave by 6am so the husband has his time at the gym, but would I quit a 5k when I was just shy of the finish line?  No.  So I kept on going until I got to that 3.1.  When I got home I was glad I didn't cut the run off at 30 min because the husband was still in bed and by the time he was dressed to go, the little one was awake and attached to him so he never made it to the gym this morning. 

So today marks the end of February.  I'm determined to make March an amazing month.  February was an off and on month for me.  So my goal is to stay focused.  I have the Fluff to Fit competition as well as the competition between me and the hubs (we decided to extend our competition) coming to an end the first week of April.  My eye is on the prize and on feeling healthier.

1 comment: