Monday, August 22, 2011

4.5 miles

This weekends run day called for 3.5 miles.  We were visiting my parents for the weekend so I made sure to head over to MapMyRun to figure out a run for 3.5 miles.  They live in Central PA, in a nice hilly area.  I live in a mostly flat section of NJ so I am definitely not used to running the hills in that area.  My husband joined me in the run so helped my motivation at times, but we did end up having to walk up some of the hills.  Just for comparison here are the elevations for the the run on Saturday compared to my steepest hill around my area:


My plan at first was to run the first 3.5 miles, then walk the rest of the way back.  After walking some of the run due to the lungs not wanting to cooperate by getting a decent amount of air (I think the all together higher elevation of their house compared to my house was playing tricks with me), we decided to just run the rest of the way back.  In total is was a 4.5 mile run with some walking.  Needless to say, my legs are still tender 2 days later.  Never again am I going to complain about the "hilly" sections around my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment