Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good reminder

One of the hardest parts I find for me being a mom to 2 young boys while also trying to get fit is balancing.  That is why I get up at my ridiculous time to workout.  Otherwise it wouldn't get done.  Then there are times my husband's work schedule gets in the way and I'm not able to do my morning workout (such as today).  By the time I can get a chance to exercise I feel like I should be doing something else, like cleaning the house or getting my husband's food ready for the next day.  While reading the Sept '11 Fitness magazine the other day I came across the article How to win at Losing, which featured Hannah and Olivia from the Biggest Loser.  Olivia mentioned:

"I used to put everyone else's needs ahead of mine.  Now my health is the priority.  Exercising is my me time, and I've learned that that's not selfish at all." 

It was a really nice reminder to me that I need to find that time during the day to get at least a short workout in instead of making the day a rest day.  Really if I don't take care of myself who knows how long I will be around to take care of my family?  I have to remember to put myself first in some situations and that the husband is perfectly able to take care of the boys if they are sick.  I have to remember that there are other people in the house who are capable of helping me out. 

On that note as I was laying in bed last night I double checked with my husband to see if he had to go to work early ... and he did.. so I had to skip the gym, but tonight I will do the 30 day shred.

1 comment:

  1. Think it is easy for many Mom's to put themselves on the back burner. But like you said how will you be able to take care of your family if you can't take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete