Tuesday, January 25, 2011

After college

After graduating from college, I lived in an apartment with 2 other friends.  We had our share of alcohol and fattening foods.  Our complex had a gym, but I never went.  I did go for runs around the complex here and there.  My weight stayed pretty steady.  I continued to dat a few guys off and on.  I had a full-time job.  There was a gym ight next to my job, so I joined and would go almost every day for 2 hrs doing cardio, weights and sometimes swim.  By this point I was dating a guy seriously.  We dated for nearly 1 1/2 years before he called it quits because he knew he wasn't ready for the next step and I was.
Shortly after I met my now husband.  He lived in the next state over, about a 30 min drive, so we saw each other on the weekends, wednesday night and talked for hours online and over the phone at night.  I stopped going to the gym because I would want to be at home ready to talk to him.  The weight slowly started to go back on between the lack of exercise, eating out more and I think mostly from being on birth control for a short period of time.  Those hormones played some crazy games with my body. 
He proposed to me Christmas 2004.  By this time I had gained almost 30 lbs during our time of dating.  Yikes!  I was now a bride to be and had to lose that weight to look perfect for my wedding which was less than 12 months away.  I started to watch what I ate, not eat after 8pm and avoid sugar.  When spring sprung my future husband and I would wake up when the sun rose and went for a jog/walk along the river we lived by every morning.  The weight started falling off again.  By wedding day I had lost about 25 lbs.  I looked great in my dress and on our honeymoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment