Monday, January 31, 2011

temptation

I had to deal with temptation yesterday and this morning. Yesterday we had a 4th birthday party to attend.  Pizza, hoagies, chips, cheese popcorn, ice cream, cake, soft pretzel bites oh my!  It took so much will power to decline. I have to save up my extra WW points for this coming Saturday when my husband and I are going to have a date night.  I wasn't a complete party pooper.  I did have 1 soft pretzel bite.

This morning when I went to leave for the gym, the car wouldn't start.  I take the car in the morning so it's a little warm for my husband to hop into when I get home.  I almost took that as a sign to just go back into bed.  I mean what if the car not starting meant I would miss being in a deadly car accident?  :)  But I jumped in the van instead and drove that to the gym.

I did the same workout as I did on Saturday.  I warmed up on the elliptical for 15 minutes.  Then went to the treadmill to run 1 mile, walk 1/4 mile, run 1 mile.  I've been running at 5.0 the first mile. Second mile I mess around with the speed starting at 5.0.  Throughout the mile I speed it up, lower it back down, etc.  It keeps the workout a little less mundane.  After the cardio I worked on some upper body strength training.  I'm glad I didn't give into the temptation of staying home because the car wouldn't start.

Today's motivational quote: 
"Be like a postage stamp and stick to something until you get there" -josh billings

No comments:

Post a Comment