Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat

 Happy Halloween!

The scale seemed to be playing a trick and not a treat this morning for the weekly weigh-in 164.2.
 
Today I got my butt out of bed early for a workout after 2 weeks of sleeping in.  I really am only a morning workout type person I have definitely confirmed. 

I skipped yesterday's run due to the snow/ice on the ground (in OCTOBER!) and not wanting to chance injuring myself before my first 10k on Sunday so today I did a run.  The temperature in my van (yes I rock a mini-fan) this morning at 4:30am confirmed my need to hit the treadmill and not the outdoors.


















I'm really not a cold weather person and thankfully by the end of the week it will be a bit warmer.  I do have to go shopping for some warmer clothes to wear on Sunday though since early in the morning it will be in the 40's most likely. 

So it took me a bit to get into the treadmill run.  I find treadmill running just about as much fun as watching paint dry.  I'll do what I have to do to get me through the cold winter and not lose my motivation for running but it's not going to be enjoyable.  Yesterday though I did find out that they play TBS on the tvs in the morning.  That meant I was able to watch Saved by the Bell and Friends.  That really made the time go by quick.  It might be my key to keeping up with running.

My goal for the night is to not devour the chocolates that the boys might get while Trick or Treating while watching Ghost Hunters Live.  

1 comment:

  1. Great job getting to the gym! Brrrrr that would have been a really cold run.

    ReplyDelete