Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Personal Record

This morning I had a great day at the gym.  The husband started a new position at work, which means I won't always have to be waking at a ridiculous hour to get my workout in.  This morning I didn't go to the gym until 6am.  I felt energized because I got a decent amount of sleep last night.  I opted to skip a run day and instead did the Arc trainer.  I feel a little stiff in some areas from doing KenpoX yesterday.  As I was on the Arc trainer I decided that once I was done with those 45 minutes I would head to the treadmill for a quick run.  I was feeling looser and felt like I could get a mile in.  I'm not going to lie, I was using other people as motivation.  I'm a people watcher so I notice what people are doing and thought "Hey if that person can run after being on the elliptical for so long then I surely can too."  AND I saw one of my friends who is in our Fluff to Fit competition so that gave me more motivation.  I'm competitive - what can I say?  So anywho I hopped on the treadmill with the goal of running the whole thing at 6.0.  I then upped it to 6.1.  Eventually I ended at 6.5 with a PR of a 9:46 mile.  Slow to some but fast to me.  And it all felt so great!  I love walking away from the gym all sweaty.

4 comments:

  1. I think that is a great number, way to go. You will only get better, stronger and healthier. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!@!!!! Your speed is just that YOUR SPEED!!! I always have great runs after I do some sort of XC first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! I've never gone that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6.5 on the treadmill is amazing! I feel comfortable at 4.8, feel ok at 5.2, now struggle at 5.6 and hardly do 6.0 anymore. Way to stick it out and push yourself! Enjoy those extra hours of sleep :)

    ReplyDelete