Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Try it Tuesday

This weeks Try it Tuesday is ZUMBA! 

As I posted yesterday, last night was my first time ever in public doing zumba.  Years ago, before zumba became popular, I had the DVDS.  Eventually I sold them on ebay because I would always trip over my own feet while trying to do this workout.  That scared me away from ever attempting to do it around others.  I'm really not the dancing type, unless I have some alcohol in me.  But one of my new years resolutions this year was to put myself in situations that are out of my comfort zone.  I thought zumba would be a good start.  So I gathered up a few of my besties in the area and headed to a local gym that holds zumba classes and you do not have to be a member to attend.  I found out that I absolutely LOVED it!  I could not believe how fast those 45 minutes went.  If only all workouts went that fast life would be golden.  I came home and immediately went to the computer (ok first got the kiddos to the room for bed then cleaned up the tornado in the living room that happened while I was gone) to find other locations in the area that hold classes.  I ended up finding a place that is cheaper than where we went last night so I think once or twice a month I might go.  So even if you feel you would not like zumba, or you would completely fall on your face, give it a try.  Now I understand the zumba craze going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment