Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Try it Tuesday

Be prepared.

One thing I have been doing this year (all 17 days) is cleaning/cutting my veggies and putting them in storage containers in the fridge at the beginning of the week.  This is beneficial for me for 3 reasons.  1) when I'm hungry it's just as easy to grab and eat as it would be some kind of other snack. 2) Dinner time is easier.  My kids tend to start melting down at dinner time, especially if they don't nap.  Now it's one less step for me to have to do during the whinefest.  3) easy snacks for the boys.  All they have to do is reach in the fridge for a quick healthy snack. 

I've also been baking up some plain chicken for quick easy lunches (chicken wraps, chicken sandwiches).  So these 2 tricks have made my life a bit easier so far this year. 

1 comment:

  1. Taking a few minutes to prepare for the week is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete