Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"I'm throwing my body off"

That is what my husband and I say when we have a bad week of sticking with the fitness/good nutrition regimen.  And that is exactly why I have been doing this week.  I hate having bad food in the house because I just love to eat.  If it's not in the house, I won't eat it.  But I had a beautiful birthday cake looking at me.  We had sodas from a GTG with friends over the weekend.  We had wine, coffee, high calorie foods.  All of my favorites.  I had no will power.  But the good news is that it's almost all gone.  Yesterday I woke up and went for a run.  I felt like I was carting around extra weight.  I'm avoiding the scale like the plague this week.  I'm so bloated I know that number is going to be high.  I'll hop back on the scale on Monday. 

This morning my alarm went off at 4:30.  I was laying there contemplating what to do.  I finally decided to sleep a little since it's a cross training day and just do a home workout, probably Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred, rather than go to the gym today.  I was just feeling so unmotivated.  It was nice to lay in bed until 7am.  That rarely ever happens as I'm usually up to exercise or the kids wake up early, but they gave me my late birthday gift of sleeping in today!  So I dressed in my workout gear today to remind me that I do need to workout tonight.  Normally I would do it now during naptime, but the oldest has tball practice later today and I really don't want to get another shower right now.  

I'm looking forward to getting back on track though.  I hate the sluggish feeling I get when I don't drink enough water, when I eat the wrong foods and when I'm not active enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment