Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Interrupted workout

Today's workout called for 2 mile run + strength training so I do that at the gym. I've been trying for weeks to run 2 miles in under 20 minutes. I've come close but haven't beat it yet.

Today I started the run at 6.0 and gradually increased to 6.3 throughout the run. At 1.73 miles I was well on my way to being under 20 minutes and the stupid treadmill just stopped working. Thankfully I have good balance so I didn't fall lol. So I moved to another treadmill to finish the run. I was at .15 miles and THAT treadmill stopped working. So then I moved a few rows back and finally got on a treadmill that I was able to finish the run. Add all the times together and I did run in under 20 minutes. But I wanted to see that time in whole on the treadmill when I was done for a sense of accomplishment! So next Wednesday I'll tray again.

No comments:

Post a Comment