Monday, July 4, 2011

Firecracker Run

First of all Happy Independence Day to all.  I hope everyone has a safe and fun time.  I started the day off with a Firecracker 5k.
 I was able to run it with my husband, it was his first 5k.  He really helped pull me along.  I don't know what it is about running a race.  When I do my regular runs I can run no problem.  Once I get at a race I just feel like I'm going to die.  I run the same pace no matter what.  It's just odd.  The weather treated us fairly well, a little humid, but for July it was a nice day for a run.  I could have kissed one person along the route who had their garden hose set up to spray on the road.  That was very refreshing.  My final time was 34:28, so I didn't break my PR or do better than the last run.  But we were towards the back of the pack so minus the amount of time it took to get to the starting line area it would have been close to the same time as in April.  I told my husband to take off at the end, so he beat me by about 40 seconds.  Afterwards we were able to enjoy the town parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment