Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Try it Tuesday

This weeks Try it Tuesday is PARASAILING!

As I posted last week I beat my husband in our Biggest Loser competition which meant I could choose an activity for us to do during our fun day on our staycation.  So I chose parasailing because I've been wanting to do it for years!  The first time I tried to go was our 1st anniversary cruise, but 2 weeks before we left for the cruise I found out I was expecting baby #1, so we had to cancel our reservations.  Second time around was on my 30th birthday cruise.  I made sure I would not be pregnant this time, but mother nature had another idea.  My birthday is in September, high hurricane time.  You guessed it.  A hurricane hit Half Moon Cay, which meant the ship was unable to dock there.  And yes, that was the port I had planned on going parasailing and it would have been on my actual birthday!  Finally last week I was able to make my dream come true and go parasailing, albeit not in the beautiful tropics, but off the coast of New Jersey with Ocean City Parasail.  Instead of beautiful blue Carribean water I had murky Atlantic Ocean but I did it!  What a view from 500' above the ocean.  While we were in the boat there were dolphin sightings, of course I was the only one in the boat who didn't see it.  My husband is not the biggest fan of heights, but he survived!  So if you're ever given the opportunity to parasail, go for it.  It is so amazingly calm and peaceful that high up.  I thought it would be windy but it was nothing but quiet.  Here are a few of the pictures from the picture package that we bought:









 

No comments:

Post a Comment