Thursday, July 21, 2011

High Five!

I'm giving myself a High-Five because I actually made it to the gym last night!  For some reason, my husband tried to talk me out of going.  When I got there I was reminded of why I hate going at night.  I got there around 9pm and it was more crowded than at 4am (obviously).  It was hot.  I'm sure the fact that it was 85 degrees out at 9pm did play into it a little, but all that extra body heat made running on the treadmill less than desirable.  The way my gym is set up, the treadmills are in the center, not under the HUGE industrial fans that create a nice breeze.  I hopped on the treadmill hoping to run for a quit a bit, but after 5 minutes I felt like I was going to die from the heat, so I walked a bit, then finished the last .25 mile running.  The ARC trainer is under a fan so I headed there for 60 minutes.  After that my legs felt like they were going to fall off.  Next up was a cool down on the bike so I could enter all my information into the My Fitness Pal app on the phone to make sure I burned enough calories for the day.  I did and even had enough for a glass of milk with Ovaltine for when I got home.  Going to the gym late was ok for getting a workout in in a fix, but I think I'll be sticking to my early morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment