Thursday, May 12, 2011

New headphones

Last Friday at the gym I didn't use my headphones during the weightlifting part of my workout, but did use them for cardio so I was carrying them around with my keys, water bottle and paper towel (to wipe down the equipment).  Well I either left them at a machine or threw them away while throwing out a paper towel because they went MIA.  I went to Target the next day and picked up the Skullcandy Ink'd In-Ear Headphones.  Oh I like them!  They really drown out a lot of the surrounding noises which can be nice because I don't have to hear the old men at the gym trying to be cool with one another or the lady who likes to ride the bike at the same time as me.  I guess she thinks the gym is the next place American Idol is holding their next auditions??  The one downfall is that I do have to keep my music lower than normal while running outside because I like to be aware of my surroundings and it's a little harder to hear  what's going on around me.  But what I like best about these earbuds is that there are 2 silicone sleeves for the earbuds.  The small ones fit great for me.  I always have an issue with earbuds being too big for my ears and not fitting correctly.

This morning I apparently turned off my alarm and didn't hit snooze.  I woke up at 4:30.  At first I almost turned right back over and slept more because we're going to the zoo today so that means I will get lots of walking in there.  But I talked myself into getting up so I could get some running in and also strength training.  I did feel much better after the fact than I would have if I slept in.  The good news is that I stepped on the scale today and my weight is back to where it was before the weight gain on Monday so I was right in that it was water retention.  Phew.

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment