Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Perfect timing

I really need to start going to bed at a reasonable time again.  Lately I haven't been getting to sleep until after 10:30pm and waking at 4am.  That is only about 5.5 hrs of sleep.  Not enough to have enough patience to deal with a whiney 3 year old.

This morning I started my workout at the gym with a bike warm up and upper body/oblique strength training.   After that I came home to do a run around the neighborhood.  It ended up being somewhere around 3 miles - 35 minutes.  I ran a different path than last week.  This time it was a lot of random turns and not just looping which I liked because it didn't seem monotonous.  It was the perfect morning for a run.  The temperature was in the 50's with a cold front coming in so there would be a few gusts of wind to cool me down.  No less than 2 minutes after I got home it started to POUR rain.  That was perfect timing if I do so say so. 

Yesterday I was going through our storage shed and came across my old medicine ball.  I've been looking for that and was happy to find it. Later today I plan on doing some core activities using it.

Tomorrow will be an off day from the gym.  I really want try my best to get myself out of bed and do a workout before the boys wake up.  We'll see how that goes.

“Success is a staircase, not a doorway.” ~Dottie Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment