Friday, May 20, 2011

Robitussin, my friend

Apparently what I thought was allergies is actually a cold.  Pollen count is much lower but the coughing is out of control.  Robitussin became my friend last night.  The little one decided he didn't want to sleep between 1am-3:30am.  While I was up with him I could not stop coughing.  When I finally got back into bed I thought it would be rather ridiculous to get up for the gym since a) I had been up since 1am and b) I really didn't want to be coughing the entire time at the gym.
 
So no gym for me today.  I haven't been there since Tuesday.  I have been utilizing what we have at home.  On Wednesday I realized that our deck is the perfect height for stepping.  My husband is trying to rebuild his weight set and I lucked out that one of the first lbs he found on craigslist is 15, which is mostly what I use.  I've also used the medicine ball as well as done some lower body exercises.  It's been raining something horrible so we haven't even been able to get a walk in.

I'm hoping this cough goes away so I can get a run in tomorrow.  Other than that the weekend is filled with a birthday party, a surprise baby shower BBQ and Sunday as long as the weather cooperates, a trip to Ocean City boardwalk.  I'm confident that I will be able to stay focused this weekend.  I after all have to win our Biggest Loser - family edition.  There's no time for cheating.

I saw this quote on Jay's (from BL 11) FB page -
"what you're against w e a k e n s you, but what you're for STRENGTHENS you."

No comments:

Post a Comment