Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No complaints!

Finally!  A run without any complaining/negative talk from me!  It's a miracle!

Last night was not a good night in our household with the kids sleep.  My oldest thinks there's a monkey in his room and ended up waking his brother up twice (they share a room).  When I ended up getting back in bed around 3:30 I changed my alarm so that I would just run at home and not do the gym.  When that alarm went off I almost just completely ignored it but then my husband's alarm kept going off so I ended up getting out of bed and ready for a run.

It was the first run of the year (I think) that I wasn't wishing it would just be over.  I actually wanted to keep going and was sad when I realized it was time to head back.  I did a different route today so I wasn't seeing the same scenery.  I ran on a road that is somewhat busy (well as busy as it could be at 5:45) and actually felt like a runner.  I felt like people were thinking - "wow she's pretty awesome" and not "oh that must be a contestant of the Biggest Loser".  Speaking of which, did anyone else watch it last night?  Everyone looked so amazing! 

I found the information online for my next 5k.  I just need the link for active.com to start working so I can sign up.  It's going to be a firecracker run on July 4th and my husband will be joining me!  The kids will be visiting my parents that week so we'll both be free to run.  Now the question will be - who will run faster, me or him?  

“The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist.” ~J. Harold Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment