Friday, May 6, 2011

Why am I so hard on myself

Last night I was looking through our wedding pictures.  At the time I thought I looked pretty good.  During the year between getting engaged and married I lost about 20lbs.  But looking at the pictures I did nothing but pick myself apart.  I didn't look as thin as I remember feeling that day.  My arms weren't toned.  My face did look thin though.  That was my positive.  *SIGH*  I guess this is why I am glad I only have boys.  I don't have to worry as much about their self image.  Of course boys have their self image issues, am I strong enough, am I tall enough (hopefully the boys get this gene from my husband's side since both of my parents are 5'2" and I am only 5'), do I dress cool enough etc.  I am hoping that because I am aware of my own self image issues that I will do my best to help make both boys feel great about themselves. 

Today at the gym I did 20 min on the bike, 32 on Arc trainer then lower body strength training.  This weekend my goals are to get a run in tomorrow and not go crazy with eating.  We're going to a Cinco de Mayo party tomorrow.  Oh how I love Mexican food.  Of course Sunday is Mother's Day and my husband is in charge of food that day.  Hopefully he'll make some conscious decisions.  For all the Mother's - Happy Mother's Day!

"You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be."
~ Lou Holtz

 

No comments:

Post a Comment