Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Try it Tuesday

This is now my favorite recipe.  I made it on Saturday to take to the BBQ that we went to and gobbled down what was left when we got home.  It is absolutely amazing.  I'm telling you, you must make this.  I even made the chips.  I was planning on going the easy way and buying Stacy's cinnamon chips, but I could not find them at the grocery store I went to.  The chips were super easy and everyone was so impressed with them.  I think next time I make them I might use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to make them a little more point friendly.  So here it is courtesy of Taste of Home (the picture is also from Taste of Home, I was going to take my own, but forgot my camera):
  
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
 Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips Recipe
  • 20 Servings
  • Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
20 10 30

Ingredients

  • 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
  • 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar

  • CINNAMON CHIPS:
  • 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
  • For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut each into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
  • Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with fruit salsa. Yield: 2-1/2 cups salsa (80 chips).


Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 127 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips published in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p11

2 comments:

  1. That looks heavenly! It must be a fruit salsa kind of week as I just posted a recipe for some on my blog...mines not all fruit though.
    Cinnamon chips are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!!!!!! I must try it this weekend! What a great fresh snack for a warm weekend.

    ReplyDelete