Thursday, June 2, 2011

Morning sighting

One thing I love about where I live is that I'm 10 minutes from a major city, 1 hr from the beach and I get a taste of country living without living in the country.  Behind my house (as well as a few other patches) is a wooded section.  The other day there was a turtle in our backyard.  Sometimes we get turkey vultures.  This morning I woke up and headed out for a run.  During that run a deer popped out of an overgrown section when I was about 10 feet away.  Once I got over the shock and making sure I didn't mess my pants I took in the beautiful sight.  I always love looking at deer because they just seem to peaceful to me.  It put a smile on my face and was a great way to start the run and the morning. 

Now we're getting ready for a playdate here at my house.  I love playdates, but hate the junkfood that comes with it!  We as a whole are getting better about not bringing too much junk as much of us are on some type of weightloss program, but there's always a box or 2 of Dunkin Donut munchkins that make their way in.  I have a huge watermelon ready to be cut and I cannot wait to sneak a few bites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment