Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Try it Tuesday

This weeks Try it Tuesday activity is canning.

I gave it a try over the weekend and was surprised at the ease of it.  Really the most complicated part was peeling and cutting the peaches.  It's a great way to preserve your favorite fruits/veggies while they are in season and cheap.  Over the weekend I made a peach preserve because peaches were $.67/lb. 
Friday some friends are coming over and we're making Strawberry Jam with a secret ingredient.

Christmas is going to be easy this year.  Everyone is going to be getting baskets of my canned goods.  I'll be giving salsa a try later in the month when my tomatoes from the garden are hopefully abundant.


Freshpreserving.com is a great website with recipes and how-to's for canning.

No comments:

Post a Comment