Friday, February 4, 2011

2 Accomplishments

This morning has started off great and hopefully the rest of the day will continue that way.

When I stepped on the scale for my weekly weigh-in I saw a number I haven't seen i a while.  175.0!  How sad is it that I'm excited about that. I've been stuck at 177/178 for the longest time.  I'm so happy to finally break past that and hopefully I'll never see those numbers again. 

I've done 1 thing different the past few days.  I've been drinking water.  A lot of water.  Whenever I feel the urge to eat something, I take a drink of water.  I've been using more points on actual meals rather than few points on meals and saving them for snacking.  It seems to be working.  Oh I'm so excited.  This morning my husband made a comment when I got home from the gym that I'm shrinking.  Oh I love it.

The second accomplishment of the day happened at the gym.  I did my normal 12 min warm up on the elliptical then switched to the treadmill.  At first I was going to do the same routine I've been doing of running 1 mile, walking 1/4 and running another.  As I was running I decided to just keep going.  I did stop once I got to 2 miles because I didn't want to overdo it today.  Then I walked until I got to 33 min.  That felt great!

When I'm at the gym I watch the news that is playing on the tv.  The one station did a segment about a way to get rewarded for working out.  Basically you wear this device, after 15 min exercises it will give you a code to enter on the website.  The code will give you points.  You can then redeem the points for gift cards and other devices.  It sounds interesting so I may give it a try.  http://www.s2h.com/

"I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am".

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Thanks for reminding me to drink more water ... it's so important! I'm on the WW pts + program too and have been plateau-ing because I basically snack all the time - but I track (I tell myself). Well eating all my activity points, my daily allowance, my weekly allowance and then extra points I don't have does not equate in a weight loss. Go figure. So yeah ... need to drink more water instead of snacking. Thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete