Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stress Eating

I know stress eating is one of my biggest issues.  Whenever I am stressed out, I reach to food.  Yesterday was a particularly trying day with my independent, stubborn 3 year old and I was maxed out in the stress level by the afternoon.  I noticed myself searching for food.  Heck I even almost baked a cake, but then I realized that 1) it wouldn't be good to have cake in the house right now and 2) the 3 year old would want to help and I wasn't in the mood to deal with that.  I went to the grocery store today and stocked back up on the healthy foods since my stash has almost been depleted.  At least if and when the stress level is upped again the next few days I will have some healthy foods to turn to.

Today was a good gym day.  I started off with the normal 15 min elliptical warm up.  When I switched to the treadmill, my goal was to do 1 mile running, walk, then run another.  As I got going I got into the groove.  1 mile came and I just kept going.  As I got closer to 2 miles, I decided that I would keep going.  During the second mile, I always start to up the speed, normally ending near 6.0.  Today I did the same.  When I hit that 2 mile mark, I upped the speed even more.  Eventually by the time I ended at 2.25 miles I was running at 6.8 I believe.  I didn't know my little legs could run that fast. I was happy to be back in my mojo.

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday.  She read it on her raisin box.   
"Falling down is not defeat. Defeat is when you fail to get up."

2 comments:

  1. Great job on upping the speed on the treadmill. It is something that I actually struggle with and did some temp work yesterday with my max speed at 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ... awesome job on the 'mill! Anything over 6.0 is really challenging for me so I raise my glass to you. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete