Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm so glad I came up with the idea of going to the gym in the mornings, because well I absolutely lose all motivation to go at night.  By the time I put my little one to sleep last night, I was drained.  All I wanted to do was put my pajamas on and veg.  So I asked my husband what time he had to leave for work in the morning and I found out that it was 5:15.  Perfect!  I could wake up and still get a decent cardio workout in.  So that it what I did. 
This morning I did 15 min on the Arc trainer (yes I finally found out the name of that mystery machine at the gym!) and then ran 2.5 miles.  I was DRAGGING on the treadmill for the first mile.  I was contemplating quitting at a mile until I realized why.  When I first started I put the incline at 2.0 and was running at 5.3.  I only wanted to do the incline briefly, but forgot to switch it back.  Once I turned the incline back to normal all was well.  Once I get up to my 3.1 miles I'm going to start doing more inclines because that was a pretty good workout! 

"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change."
-Bill Phillips
 

No comments:

Post a Comment