Monday, February 28, 2011

Rainy monday

It was so hard to get up this morning.  I was laying there when my alarm went off and could hear the rain falling down outside.  I've slept in most of this past week due to being under the weather or up most of the night from dealing with children who were under the weather.  But I did manage to get my butt up and out of bed this morning for the gym.

I started off with 10 min on the Arc Trainer.  Then I switched to the treadmill for a run.  Today I ran 2.5 mile at 5.4/5.5.  When I hit the 2.5 mile marker I slowed down for a cool down walk.  As I was walking, I thought to myself "what the heck are you doing walking?  You wanted to run 3 miles this week so do it".  I then hit the speed up to 5.5 to finish the run.  The last .1 I was at 6.8.  The final total was 3.1 miles in 35:28.  I'm hoping to do the full 3.1 miles without stopping on Wednesday.

This weekend I did good at staying on track with the Weight Watcher points.  Both days were right on the nose.  Yesterday I went to the grocery store and stocked up on our healthy foods.  One of the stores near me has grapes for $.78/lb so I'll be going back there pretty frequent this week.  My goal for Friday is to be out of the 170's.  Will it happen?  I hope so, but won't be all too disappointed if it doesn't.

"The first and the best victory is to conquer self".  Plato

2 comments: