Saturday, April 23, 2011

5k Results!

Today was the day for the 5k and the weather held true.  It was chilly and rainy during registration.  Thankfully the big downpour came through slightly before race time and we were in the car.. Right around the beginning of the race the rain stopped and didn't start up again until I was literally crossing the finish line.  I could not get my adrenaline going today and was hating the fact that I was running, in the damp cold.  I get so hot when I run so I only had a t-shirt and and light capri pants.  That worked out perfect while running.  I only wished I had gloves as my hands were cold.  I was so happy to see that finish line.  I am also so glad my friend was running with me.  I kept running at times when I really wanted to walk but knowing she was with me kept me going as I didn't want to hold her back (and come to find out she was thinking the same).  My final time was 34:13.  Not as good as before, but I crossed the line, and wasn't even near being last.  Now I'm just waiting for my next run on July 4th to begin sign ups.  The husband will be running with me.

1 comment: