Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Running with the birds

Yesterday morning I realized that when I left the gym around 5:45 it was sunny.  A little light bulb went off in my head.  The sun is now rising early enough for me to run outdoors in the morning.  So this morning I woke up at my normal 4am and headed to the gym where I did 20 min bike, leg and some ab weight training.  I then left the gym, came home and immediately started to run around the neighborhood.  I have to figure out the exact mileage.  I did it before for our family walk, but today I added in a few cul-de-sacs and of course the GPS on my phone wasn't strong enough to record.  But I ended up running 35 minutes, with a few short spurts of walking.  I didn't realize how hilly the area was until I was running.

So I'm really excited about this new routine.  I've been hating having to run on the treadmill.  I also love that I'm getting fresh air and it's so peaceful.  I saw one person the whole run.  All I heard were the birds chirping.  Such a great way to start the day.

"What distinguishes us one from another is our dreams, and what we do to make them come about."
-Joseph Epstein
 

No comments:

Post a Comment