Saturday, April 30, 2011

Closer

This morning I woke up and went for a run.  I did about 3.5 miles in about 38 minutes.  The first .25 mile I was really having a difficult time getting started.  I kept asking myself why I do this to myself.  Really why did I find this enjoyable on a Saturday morning when everyone in the house was still sleeping.  I was using my phone's radio and was tuned into a local pop rock station.  That station plays music that seems to get me through my runs.  Just as I was trying to keep myself from walking, the song Closer by Ne-Yo came on.  Now that song has absolutely NOTHING to do with the purpose that I used it for today.  The part of the song that caught my ear and my mind were the lyrics that repeatedly says "I just can't stop".  That is what kept me going.  I didn't stop the whole run.  When I wanted to stop, I would sing those words in my head.  I felt great after I was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment