Friday, April 1, 2011

Weigh in day

I'm going with my weight yesterday - you'll hear why in a few - 167.8.

Yesterday I was off - I'm going to blame this horrible chilly rainy weather.  Nothing I ate satisfied me.  I was just so hungry.  All.day.long.  Until I ate dinner, then I finally felt full.  I tried eating fruits.  I tried eating protein.  I tried eating some wheat crackers with peanut butter.  I tried almost everything we had, including black bean brownies.  I was cold and didn't want a smoothie, although that probably would have helped.  I tried drinking more water.  Nothing did it for me.  So, I was scared to weigh in this morning and skipped the scale, hence me going with yesterday's weight. Cheating yes, but I already owned up and realized I totally screwed up yesterday.  It happens to the best of us though and today is a new day, which will be a better  day.

I was up later than I wanted to be yesterday because I was painting our bathroom after the boys went to bed.  This morning when the alarm went off I did not want to get up.  I knew it was once again cold and rainy outside.  All I wanted to do was stay in the warm bed, but I talked myself into it and got up.  Once at the gym I warmed up on the bike for 15 minutes.  I then headed over to the treadmill for a run - 3.1 miles in 35:07.  I was doing fine, walked for 2 min at the half way point, and then this guy got on the treadmill next to mine, and he had an odor.  I couldn't pin point it - it may have been stale cigarettes, deodorant or cologne.  I'm not sure, but what I do know is that it was bothering me.  I ended up having to walk for another 2 min at one point because I couldn't take the smell much longer.  It's not like our gym is short on treadmills.  There are at least 30 of them.  When I got off there was absolutely noone on the last 2 rows so there were PLENTY of open treadmills. Maybe he thought I was cute. lol.  All I know is he messed me up.  But after I finished running I walked until 40 min, then worked on upper body strength training.

Today I participated in a virtual 5k and took pictures before and after I ran.  So here I am.  The pictures are kind of blurry - taken with a cell phone in the gym locker room. I snapped the pics very quickly so noone would walk in and think I'm a weirdo taking a picture of myself in the locker room bright and early in the morning. :)

                       Before                                                               




                            After


 Yes that's a Phillies shirt.  Today is opening day so I have to end this post with a
Let's Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment