Monday, April 25, 2011

Slow Motion

is how my body was working today.  We could not have asked for more beautiful weather yesterday.  Much of the day was spent outside and we were able to sleep with the windows open.  That always makes me want to sleep.  We had a storm come through last night which resulted in us losing power right before bed.  I had a dream that no power somehow resulted in my phone alarm not working and I missed the gym.  A few minutes later my alarm went off.  I guess my dream was just wishful thinking. lol.

I'm going to get back into running on Wednesday.  Today I just 15 min bike warm up, 30 minutes Arc trainer and then lower body/core strength training.  During the run on Saturday I realized I really needed to up the lower body training.  I've been focusing a lot on upper body because it's getting to be tank top season.  My legs just felt so weak on Saturday.

So now that my run is over it's time for me to be a cheerleader.  My husband decided yesterday that he's signing up for a 5k run in June.  We will then both do one on July 4th when the boys are taking a mini vacation to my parents house.  

Here's a picture from after the run.  I'm the childless one.  We totally didn't plan on dressing alike. lol I'm just glad I decided to wear my pants that have pink and not blue.




"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
Thomas A. Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment