Monday, April 4, 2011

My "Go Get'em" week

I have a confession:  I've cheated here and there this past 2 weeks eating.  I'll take a bite here and a bite there of food while I'm cooking, or plating the kids food, or giving the kids a snack.  I haven't counted those WW points into my daily total.  Yes I have had losses on the scale, but it probably would have been more.   I've been crawling my way to see 20lbs lost and have made the decision that this week will be the week to get my butt back in gear.  I want to see the number 166 on the scale this Friday and if not this Friday DEFINITELY next Friday.  So that's my goal.  How am I going to get there?  Working my butt off in the gym and writing down every.single. food I intake on a piece of paper BEFORE I eat it.  Lately I've just been figuring out the point total AFTER I ate it, then just keeping a running total of my daily points on the chalkboard in our kitchen.  Hopefully at the end of the week I'll have some great news to share!

Weekend in review:  Saturday I did okay in the food department even with having a get together at night.  My one friend made this AMAZING WW cheesecake.  She's going to send me the recipe and I'll share it, hopefully tomorrow.  Yesterday I was doing great in the morning.  My husband took our oldest to church while I stayed home with the youngest who was napping.  When he got home, he brought me a hoagie he picked up at Wawa.  I ate it without any hesitation, because I love myself a turkey and cheese hoagie.  After I ate it, I tallied up the points based on the nutritional details from their website.  14 points!  And that was just for the 6" roll.  Holy cow.  A few years ago we used to get the large (28 point) and I would easily eat the whole thing, along with chips AND an iced coffee loaded with lots of creamer.  So lessen learned, make sure when the hubs orders a hoagie it's with either light mayo or no mayo and I'll just add a tiny bit at home (it's really one of my favorite parts of the sandwich so there's no way I could go without).

I skipped workouts both days and was back at the gym this morning:  15 min on bike for warm-up.  3.1 miles on treadmill (34:29) then walked until 40 min.  Ended the workout with upper body and oblique strength training.

"The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible."
Arthur C. Clarke

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a plan in place to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete