Thursday, April 21, 2011

Saturday

Well Saturday is my first 5k since July 2008.  I will be running in the Fourth Annual Natalee Brooklynn Dunn 5k Run for life - Benefiting SIDS.  All week long I've been stalking weather.com and it's not looking very good.

6 am

46°F

Feels Like
40°F
9 am

50°F

Feels Like
45°F
12 pm

57°F

Feels Like
54°F
3 pm

62°F

Feels Like
62°F
6 pm

65°F

Feels Like
65°F

Rain.  I've never run in the rain before, except trying to get into a shelter quick.  So it should be fairly interesting to say the least.  At least the temperature isn't that bad, and compared to my other run in 2008 this just might be a breeze since at start time it was already in the 70's with very high humidity.   

I do feel ready for this, despite not really running a whole lot the past 2 or 3 weeks because I didn't want to injure my leg which has been feeling pretty good after a few weeks of cramping (maybe shin splints).  My goal is just to run the whole thing and cross the finish line.  I like to call it a run and not a race because I know I'll be nowhere near being first.  I think the time for the 2008 run was just under 33 minutes.  We'll see how it goes on Saturday.  I have little faith in beating that time.  I just want to have fun and the money goes towards a great cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment