Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Monday

That's certainly not what I was thinking this morning when I woke up, but now the sun is shining bright and it feels like summer.

I managed to complete 1 of my weekend goals.  I didn't do too bad with the eating, despite the galore of yummy looking carbs at a wedding.  I really wanted to get a run in yesterday, but after church and some food shopping, we ended up doing some yard work that seemed to take forever.  I just never got that in, but I did run on the treadmill at the gym today (2.25 miles 26:48).  I was saddened to realize I forgot my headphones, but I ended up having a decent run for a Monday morning.  I think without the sound from the news (what I watch in the mornings, I know exciting huh) that I was able to focus more on my form.  I was still dragging though. 

Yesterday I went to a produce store that I've been wanting to go to and came home with so much food!  Romaine lettuce, celery, cucumbers, apples, oranges, cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes and bananas for about $20.  I just ate a delicious salad and used leftover grilled chicken. 

I can't believe my first 5k of the year is in less than 2 weeks!  I'm very excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment