Thursday, March 31, 2011

S2H Replay band review

So I've been using the S2H replay band for about 2 weeks now.  I do have to say that I like it!  After today I will have 900 points, which means I could technically cash in for a $5 gift card, but I will be saving my points up for at least a $10.  I'm hoping they bring back the Amazon gift cards.  I already mentioned my love for Amazon shopping so between this and Swagbucks I would be able to rack up some nice credit for that site!

Other rewards that I think are nice are gift cards to Lowes, Barnes & Noble, Target, Toys R Us, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, Best Buy, Borders, GAP as well as an Xbox 360 console.  Check out here for the full list.
 
How it works:  For every 3 minutes of continuous workout you receive a bar.  Once you fill up enough bars to equal 60 minutes a code will be displayed.  You then upload that code onto the site where it tracks your points.  Once you have enough points you redeem for your reward.  Right now, you're able to upload 1 code per day to your account.  On a normal day I don't get enough bars at the gym, so during the day I'll pick it up and move my arms around when I have a few minutes here and there until the code is revealed. 

One tip I have is to wear the band on your ankle.  I bought size L and it fits just fine over my ankle.  My husband wore it once to the gym and he wore it on his wrist, it was a little tight getting it over his hand.  The reason I say to wear it on your ankle is because it's controlled by movement.  If your not one to move your arms the whole time while working out (such as if you hold onto the stationary handle on the elliptical) you won't receive credit for your whole workout.  Your legs are in constant movement.

The only machine I have been on where the band didn't register the workout was the stationary bike.  I guess even though the legs are moving, it's just not enough motion distance wise. 
Soon they will be releasing the S2H STEP.  If walking is your thing then The S2H STEP will Reward you for every 10,000 steps that you walk!

The S2H Replay band costs $19.95+ shipping.  I purchased mine on Amazon using my Swagbuck gift cards.   If you workout enough to get $10 in gift cards/month (which is what I'm averaging), then in 1 year, minus the initial cost, you will be making $100 just for working out!  I'm hoping to put much of those gift cards to use when it comes to buying Christmas presents.  You can purchase also purchase the band directly from the site, as well as Sears.  I think this would make for a pretty cool gift for an older child.  It would be great motivation for them to stay active & and they're able to get all those gift cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment