Friday, March 25, 2011

Biggest dilemma thus far

I've come across a dilemma and I need to find a way to fix it.  My wedding/engagement rings (they're soldered together) are getting big.  I was around my current weight when my husband proposed to me in 2004.  I lost about 15 lbs before we were married in 2005 and I don't remember my rings being this loose!  My fingers have never been ones to swell or take on much weight.  In fact with both pregnancies I was able to wear my rings the entire time and never once had to worry about them getting too tight.  Now my fingers are shrinking and the rings are becoming loose and on especially cold days it's rather annoying.  So now I need to figure out a temporary fix to keep them from moving all over during the day. I'm not going to think about having them resized until I'm really close to my goal weight.  Ugh.  I love my rings and will not not wear them. 

Today is weigh-in day.  Did just ok this week with -.2 lbs to bring me to 168.8. At least it's a loss right? 

Yesterday at the gym I did 45 min Arc trainer and then upper body.  Today I was planning on running because my leg was feeling better, but when I woke up, got ready and was walking to my car I could feel that today was not a good day.  So when I got to the gym I decided to ride a bike.  I did that for 45 min and went 8 miles.  I thought it would be a nice change up, but man did my butt hurt afterwards.  They need to make those seats a little more cushier.  I finished the morning with lower body and some ab work.

Tomorrow I'll be working out my upper body by carrying shopping bags.  To the outlets I go with some friends.  Living in a house with a husband, 2 boys and a male dog I love when I get to spend some girl time.  I'm hoping to find some new clothes for the gym, along with some other daily clothes.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
Ayrton Senna


1 comment:

  1. I had my rings made smaller twice. They told me they couldn't go any smaller without reworking the ring. I hope you find a solution!
    Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete