Monday, March 28, 2011

Confidence

I had so much fun shopping on Saturday.  I found a dress to wear to a wedding that is actually flattering on me.  I also found some cute stylish shirts to wear.  I've been stuck in the mom rut for the past few years.  Before I had kids and I worked I used to shop all.the.time. for clothes.  My favorite place was NY&Company.  Once I made the final decision to be a Stay at home mom when my oldest was 8 weeks old, our budget became tight.  We could survive on my husband's salary, mine was more just for luxuries.  It took about a year for me to begin to like my post-partum body.  Then pregnancy #2 came long, I gained weight.  That was an unsuccessful pregnancy and we immediately became pregnant again which resulted in my youngest child.  I'm still working on getting confidence about how I look back.  Saturday showed me that very slowly it is starting to come back.  I looked at clothes and thought - hey I could wear that.  I didn't do any negative talk the entire time.  It was wonderful and motivating. 

So motivating that we went to TGIFridays for a late dinner where I ordered some greasy food (lol) but I did also start with a salad, didn't eat my hamburger roll and only had a few onion rings and a few bites of the peanut butter pie. 

One part of a healthy lifestyle that I lacked in this weekend was water in take.  I had way to much Cherry Coke Zero and iced coffee. I need to focus on getting back in the water drinking mood. 


Skipped the gym today because my husband surprised me while I was gone by putting in new tile in the bathroom.  He had to grout last night, which meant no showers today and I am unable to go about my day after being all sweaty.  I'll do some kinect or something later on.  Tomorrow I'll have to do the same due to my husbands work schedule.  It's definitely back to running on Wednesday!  I really miss it.

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.  ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing much better about drinking water lately. : ) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete