Thursday, March 10, 2011

I used to be fat

Yesterday while the boys were napping and I was being lazy I was catching on my Tuesday night shows of Biggest Loser and Teen Mom 2. After they were done and I still had some time I decided to watch an episode of I Used to be Fat that I've seen commercials for on MTV. The episode I watched was Gabriella, who lives not too far from me in Egg Harbor Township NJ, so that was kind of interesting. What an amazing transformation she had! I just wanted to slap her mom though. Here's her mom telling her she needs to lose weight, but was still buying junk food (that Gabriella would sneak) because the younger kids in the house shouldn't have to be deprived of cookies and other treats. If your daughter, who you say you're concerned about, is overweight and has issues with will power don't bring temptation to her and sit it on the table while she's trying to lose weight! Then the mom was at first was hesitant to allow her to lessen her work hours for 3 weeks while she finished school so that she had time to workout, sleep, work and do school work. Ugh. So much for a great support in the beginning. But the mom did turn around towards the end of Gabriella's journey.

I really love watching shows like this and Biggest Loser because it helps me find motivation. Speaking of motivation. Here's my I used to be Fat picture.   This was me (10/24/10) at a Halloween Party (Hence the pink wig) weighing 186lbs.  I look at this picture and think how the heck did I ever let myself get this way? 

 This is my skinny girl motivation pic from my first 5k (7/12/08).  I think I was 148lbs on this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment