Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting in the groove

One thing that I've been noticing the past few weeks with running is that I finally hit my groove around the 2 mile mark.  The first 2 miles I keep checking the time and the distance wondering how much longer i have to go.  Any aches and pains are so prevalent in the beginning of the run.  Finally by about 1.75-2 miles I feel like I could run all day, well not really, but at least for a while. 

Today was upper body strength, followed by 15 min Arc trainer to warm up the legs and then 25 minutes of running (2.25 miles).  To fill up my s2h replay band it looks like I'll have to do about 12 more minutes of some type of exercise today.  Today is going to be a busy day here, take and pick up the old from school, grocery store, afternoon playdate, clean up the house for a playdate here tomorrow, cook dinner and hopefully get the boys to bed easily.  I'm definitely going to be sleeping good tonight!

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
~Eddie Robinson~

No comments:

Post a Comment